Plastics & Safety: What You Need to Know
Every day in kitchens across America, plastic products are used to help prepare meals and provide safe, convenient storage for a variety of foods and beverages. From wraps and storage containers to baby bottles and packaging, plastics help keep foods safe and save consumers time and money.
Because plastics are so integral to our daily lives, it’s important to have reliable information on the safety of these products and how best to use them. The following resources can help you find answers.
- Microwaving with Plastics
- Because plastics serve so many purposes in the kitchen, many consumers get confused about which products are right for the microwave. These resources will help you decide which plastics to use and how to use them properly.
- Plastic Beverage Bottles
- Is it okay to freeze a plastic water bottle? How about reusing it? Learn more about the safety and safe uses of plastic beverage bottles.
- Food Containers Made with Polycarbonate Plastic
- High-performing polycarbonate plastic can be found in protective eye wear, sports equipment, electronics and a number of food storage applications. Polycarbonate has been extensively tested for safety, and its use in products that come in contact with food is regulated for safety by the FDA as well as governmental bodies worldwide.