Kids & Safety
From bicycle helmets and flotation devices to mouth guards and other protective sporting gear, plastics help to keep active kids safe and healthy every day. Learn how different plastic devices can help to reduce the risks of accidental injuries at practice, at play and during the big game.
- Preventing Sports Injuries: Kids Play it Safe with Plastics
- Playing sports is a great way for kids to keep active and stay healthy. But as any parent can tell you, sports can also lead to injuries. Fortunately, innovations in plastics have helped to make essential safety gear – items like plastic helmets, mouth guards, goggles and protective padding – lighter and stronger to help keep our active kids safe. These all-star safety tips can help you keep your child off the sidelines.
- Keeping Kids Hydrated
- Relative to adults, kids are often at greater risk of becoming dehydrated, in part because they’re less effective at perspiring and also because their bodies can produce more heat during exercise.
- Household Water Safety Tips for Small Children
- The community swimming pool isn’t the only place where it’s important for parents to think about water safety. Standing water inside the home and residential swimming pools are also potential hazards, especially for smaller children. Learn more about the risks of household drowning and how using plastic safety devices can help you prevent them.
- Plastic Child Safety Seats: Protecting Our Most Precious Cargo
- On the road, lightweight, durable plastic safety seats go the extra mile to protect our youngest passengers.
- Plastics and Recreational Water Safety: A Swimming Combination
- The good news is that there are some relatively simple things parents can do – and teach their children – to promote water safety at home, at the pool, while boating, and on vacation.